KOREA VISA & IMMIGRATION
KOREA VISA & VISA SPECIALIST
VISA in KOREA 장행닷컴행정사
KOREA VISA SYSTEM
There are a total of 37 categories in the group of visa.
2) Visa for foreigners to get a job in Korea:
F-2 VISA_Resident VISA (F2 비자_거주비자)
F-2 VISA (F2 비자)
F-2 VISA_Resident VISA
1. Range of Activities:
You want to stay in Korea for a long period of time in order to receive the Permanent Resident status.
2. Eligible Applicants:
A. (F2-3 visa) You are a foreign-born child of Korean national, or you are a spouse or a child of someone who has F-5 Resident status;
B. (F2-2 visa) You are a child born between a Korean parent and a foreign national (including the de facto marriage) and recognized by the Minister of Justice;
C. (F2-4 visa) You have been granted 'refugee' status;
D. (F2-5 visa) You are an investor by the definition of Foreign Investment Promotion Act, and meet any of the conditions below:
1) You are a foreigner who has invested at least US$500,000 while you have stayed in Korea on a D-8 Corporate Investment visa for 3 years or more.
2) You are an executive of a foreign company which has invested at least US$500,000 in accordance with the「Foreign Investment Promotion Act」and you have stayed in Korea for 3 years or more.
3) You are a foreigner who has invested at least US$300,000 or more and hired at least 2 people.
E. (F2-9 visa) You have lost your F-5 Permanent Resident status, but considering your living circumstances in Korea related to human rights, the Minister of Justice has recognized your need to continue to stay in Korea (those who are deported are not eligible in this category);
F. (F2-99 visa) You have stayed and settled down in Korea on a visa outside of A-1 to A-3 for at least 7 years in which the Minister of Justice recognizes. However, for those who have E-1 professorship to E-5 Professional employment or E-7 Special Occupation status, the minimum period of stay shall be 5 years.
G. (F2-6 visa→F2-99 visa) You are engaged in employment on an E-9 Non-professional employment, E-10 Vessel Crew or H-2 Working Visit visa, and you have been engaged in employment for at least 4 years within the past 10 years on a visa designated by the Minister of Justice while meeting all conditions listed below:
1) You have licenses for a particular set of skills or capacities recognized by the Minister of Justice or you are getting compensation in exchange of your services (Types of skills licenses and wage standards are announced by the Minister of Justice after internal discussions/consultations with a relevant department head).
2) You have assets worth above a particular amount designated by the Minister of Justice 3) You are considered an adult under the Korean Civil Law and have basic qualities and understandings in Korean culture in Korea.
H. (F2-11 visa) You are hired as a civil servant in accordance with the 'National Civil Servant Act' or 'Local Civil Servant Act' and accredited by the Minister of Justice;
I. (F2-7 visa) You meet all criteria such as age, education, income, which are designated by the Minister of Justice;
J. (F2-12 visa) You have invested in assets such as real estates in designated investment region, products, and amounts announced by the Minister of Justice;
K. (F2-17 visa & F2-81 visa) You are a child or a spouse of a person eligible for I and J.
3. Maximum Length of Stay:
VISA in KOREA
Blog: Updated Korea VISA & Immigration Information-2020
2021 E7-4 visa Information_Points based Skilled Workers’ VISA Korea 숙련기능인력 점수제 비자
E-7 VISA_Foreign National of Special Ability (E7 비자)
Special Occupation: E-7 VISA (E7 비자)
(E-7 VISA): Special Occupation
Foreign National Of Special Activity
(Including E7-4 VISA: Points based Skilled Worker’s VISA)
The E-7 visa is the most widely known visa in Korea for foreigners for working in Korea.
A total of 86 occupations are classified as E-7 visas, including managers and experts (67 professions: E7-1 visa), quasi-professional personnel (9 professions: E7-2 visa), general functional personnel (6 professions: E7-3 visa), points based skilled worker (3 professions: E7-4 visa), and FTA independent specialist (E7-91 visa).
1. Activities Allowed:
Persons who want to engage in activities specially designated by the Minister of Justice after being invited by a public or private organization.
2. Maximum Length of Stay:
3. Participation in Activities Uncertified For Current Sojourn Status:
Expansion of permission exemption for activities outside of the current status
If you (an E-7 holder) plan to receive formal school education within the expiry date, you are not required to obtain permission within the expiry date unless it doesn't impinge on your original purpose of stay.
(2) Permission for a highly qualified personnel (such as CEO of a Foreign Investment Company), who wishes to work as a lecturer in universities/colleges;
(3) Employment of a family member of the foreign government’s diplomatic corps or consulate general can be permitted when recommended by Minister of Foreign Affairs;
(4) Permission for 'A-1, A-2 Holders'(at the discretion of the Head of Immigration Office or Branch Office);
(5) Employment of a spouse of a substantial-amount foreign investor or a professional labor, etc.
**Based on a current rule, if you want to apply for E-7 visa, your monthly income shall be at least KRW 2.5 million won (yearly: KRW 30 million won).
It is about 80% of GNI (Gross National Income).
VISA in KOREA