E-7 VISA_Foreign National of Special Ability (E7 비자)
Special Occupation: E-7 VISA (E7 비자)
(E-7 VISA): Special Occupation
Foreign National Of Special Activity
(Including E7-4 VISA: Points based Skilled Worker’s VISA)
The E-7 visa is the most widely known visa in Korea for foreigners for working in Korea.
A total of 86 occupations are classified as E-7 visas, including managers and experts (67 professions: E7-1 visa), quasi-professional personnel (9 professions: E7-2 visa), general functional personnel (6 professions: E7-3 visa), points based skilled worker (3 professions: E7-4 visa), and FTA independent specialist (E7-91 visa).
1. Activities Allowed:
Persons who want to engage in activities specially designated by the Minister of Justice after being invited by a public or private organization.
2. Maximum Length of Stay:
3. Participation in Activities Uncertified For Current Sojourn Status:
Expansion of permission exemption for activities outside of the current status
If you (an E-7 holder) plan to receive formal school education within the expiry date, you are not required to obtain permission within the expiry date unless it doesn't impinge on your original purpose of stay.
(2) Permission for a highly qualified personnel (such as CEO of a Foreign Investment Company), who wishes to work as a lecturer in universities/colleges;
(3) Employment of a family member of the foreign government’s diplomatic corps or consulate general can be permitted when recommended by Minister of Foreign Affairs;
(4) Permission for 'A-1, A-2 Holders'(at the discretion of the Head of Immigration Office or Branch Office);
(5) Employment of a spouse of a substantial-amount foreign investor or a professional labor, etc.
**Based on a current rule, if you want to apply for E-7 visa, your monthly income shall be at least KRW 2.5 million won (yearly: KRW 30 million won).
It is about 80% of GNI (Gross National Income).
VISA in KOREA